HPLC and solution scattering techniques
rtuma at prf.jcu.cz
C 01 026
Part time also at University of Leeds, U.K.
- M.Sc. 1990, Charles University, Prague, Czechoslovakia
- Ph.D. 1996, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 1996-1999, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Group Leader, 1999-2004, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Research Fellow of Academy of Finland, 2004-2008, University of Helsinki
- Associate Professor/Reader in Biophysics, 2007-present, University of Leeds, U.K.
- PI, 2017-present, University of South Bohemia, Czech Republic
1) RNA virus assembly – avian reovirus
2) ATP driven molecular machines – translocases and helicases, SecYEG, SecA
3) Structure of bacterial light harvesting assemblies – chlorosomes, Chlorobaculum tepidum
4) RNA structure and folding – polymer physics
Patel, N., S. J. White, R. F. Thompson, R. Bingham, E. U. Weiss, D. P. Maskell, A. Zlotnick, E. Dykeman, R. Tuma, R. Twarock, N. A. Ranson, and P. G. Stockley. 2017. HBV RNA pre-genome encodes specific motifs that mediate interactions with the viral core protein that promote nucleocapsid assembly. Nature microbiology 2:17098.
Allen, W. J., R. A. Corey, P. Oatley, R. B. Sessions, S. A. Baldwin, S. E. Radford, R. Tuma, and I. Collinson. 2016. Two-way communication between SecY and SecA suggests a Brownian ratchet mechanism for protein translocation. Elife 5. e15598
Borodavka, A., S. W. Singaram, P. G. Stockley, W. M. Gelbart, A. Ben-Shaul, and R. Tuma. 2016. Sizes of Long RNA Molecules Are Determined by the Branching Patterns of Their Secondary Structures. Biophys J 111:2077-2085.
Borodavka, A., J. Ault, P. G. Stockley, and R. Tuma. 2015. Evidence that avian reovirus sigma NS is an RNA chaperone: implications for genome segment assortment. Nucleic Acids Res 43:7044-7057.
Full list of publications